Returns, Refunds, and Guarantees – Consumer Protection Act (CPA) Compliance
Please note that this policy has been revised to align with the Consumer Protection Act (CPA) of South Africa. The CPA is referenced as the guiding framework for this policy, and specific sections of the act are indicated where relevant.
Notification and Return Period:
As outlined by the Consumer Protection Act (CPA) of South Africa, consumers are required to notify Ener-G-Africa of their intention to initiate a return within a period of 10 (ten) business days, starting from the date of delivery or collection. Following this notification, consumers have an additional 20 (twenty) business days to return the item to Ener-G-Africa’s facility located at Unit 3, Berg River Park, C/o Borssenberg & Jan Van Riebeek Dr, Charleston Hill, Paarl
In accordance with the CPA, Ener-G-Africa extends a product guarantee that aligns with the relevant provisions of the act. This guarantee covers the product’s compliance with its description, quality, and fitness for its intended purpose. The specific terms and duration of this guarantee are set forth in accordance with the CPA’s guidelines on guarantees and warranties (Sections 56-58).
Consumer Responsibility for Return Costs:
As stipulated by the CPA (Section 20(3)), consumers are responsible for the costs associated with returning goods during the cooling-off period. This includes the cost of shipping the item back to Ener-G-Africa’s facility.
Acceptable Grounds for Returns under the CPA:
Consistent with the provisions of the CPA, returns may be initiated for the following reasons:
- Defect, Damage, or Mismatch: If the product is found to be defective, damaged, or not aligned with its description.
- Insufficiency for Intended Purpose: If the product does not meet the intended function for which it was purchased.
- Change of Decision: Should you decide not to proceed with the purchase within the stipulated notification and return period.
To initiate a return or report a faulty product, please follow these steps:
- Contact Ener-G-Africa: Notify our dedicated team within the required notification period via phone at (+27) 21 569 2978 or email at email@example.com.
- Provide Required Information: Furnish your order number or proof of purchase and provide a concise description of the issue.
- Guided Assistance: Our team at Ener-G-Africa will provide you with guidance and support throughout the return process.
Exclusions from Refunds:
The CPA outlines certain circumstances in which refunds are not required. These include items that have been used, damaged by the customer, or are not in their original condition. Additionally, items purchased on sale or at a discounted price may only be eligible for a refund of the discount price, if the item is found to be defective or misaligned with their description, as per the CPA (Sections 20(6) and 56(4)).
Please be aware that this policy is intended to align with the Consumer Protection Act (CPA) of South Africa and may be subject to change in accordance with any updates or amendments to the act. For accurate and comprehensive understanding, we recommend reviewing the CPA directly or seeking legal counsel. If you have any inquiries or concerns, our team at Ener-G-Africa is available to assist you.